Holiday mode: making time for opportunities
be wise .... make the most of every opportunity Ephesians 5:16
Christmas decorations are up in the stores and it won’t be long before the festive season is upon us. As we begin planning trips
away and preparing for Christmas celebrations, it can be easy to slip into holiday mode without even realizing it. The problem with
this is that we soon become inward-focused and forget that it is the best time of year to be effective in our Christian witness.
Rather than writing up grocery and gift lists and planning our trip itineraries, have you started thinking about ways you can reach
out to neighbors, friends and family with the love and message of Jesus?
Here are some ideas to get you started as you think about ways to share your faith this festive
1. Share a meal: Plan to have people you have been meaning to share your faith with for a while over for a meal. Be
intentional about bringing up matters of faith.
2. Make an invitation list: Make a list of people you can invite to your church’s Christmas service and make sure you give them
plenty of notice so they can arrange their plans accordingly.
3. Mentally prepare to share: Be prepared to bring up church, the true meaning of Christmas and matters of faith when
colleagues and people you encounter daily ask you what you have planned for Christmas. Make your conversations count.
4. Help out: Many people will be working in their gardens, fixing things around the house etc. What a perfect time to be
intentional about helping your friends and neighbors out. There will Holiday mode: making time for opportunities be all sorts
of opportunities to share the reason for the season with these acts of kindness.
5. Write meaningful Christmas cards: Rather than sending out cards that all bear the same
basic message, consider being intentional about what you write. Yes it may take a little longer
but you never know what might come of your timely Gospel message.
6. Handout Challenge newspapers: Share the Good News through handing out Challenge
newspapers in your neighborhood, work office, local petrol station, grocery store, hairdresser
and other key places you frequent. These are just ideas to get you started but any thought
has to be backed by action. Imagine if we all chose to follow through with one of these
suggestions. There would be many more people who encounter the Good News of Jesus
Christ this year! Let’s work together to make this festive season count.
Read More ...
Stay Connected ...
Newsletters come out once per month. Keep up to date, pray, be inspired. Connect below to receive it.